In an ideal world, we’d all have plenty of notice for presentation preparation. Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case. If you’ve been landed with a last-minute presentation and you have 24-48 hours spare, then get in touch to activate our CRISIS service or call us on +44 (0) 203 291 3897 now.
If you aren’t lucky enough to have that kind of window, here’s our handy guide to last minute presentation preparation to get you through:
- Identify your main goal: Why are you presenting? What would you like the next steps to be after your audience have heard what you have to say? Your presentation preparation should be focused around this.
- Consider your audience: Who are your audience? Your audience have the power to accept or dismiss what you are saying and are the most important people in the room during your presentation. Remember this throughout all stages of your presentation preparation, and keep the tone consistent.
- Create an outline for the structure of your presentation: Planning is key- even during last minute preparation. Map out your presentation’s structure, be it a storyboard or detailed list. Once finalised, try to stick with it and not go off on a tangent- or you could be up all night!
- Write and fine tune your content: Input your content, and remember to be minimal with text on the screen. It can be tempting to input 10 bullet points per slide, but this does not make for an effective presentation. If you really need bullet points to help you on the big day, print them out as notes and refer to them as you present. If you’re still unsure that the audience hasn’t taken in all of the information, add a Q&A slide at the end of the presentation to clear up any foreseen confusion.
- Practice, practice, practice: in front of the bathroom mirror as you brush your teeth, to your two year old daughter, in the car on the way to the office. Presentation preparation is key, and it doesn’t stop once you’ve closed your laptop lid.
- Prepare your bag: sounds silly, doesn’t it? But turning up on the day without your presentation on a USB stick won’t give the best impression. View and print our night-before checklist here.
- Smash it out the park: In ideal circumstances, your presentation preparation would have taken a bit more time, but be confident in what you have to say, be prepared and I’m sure you’ll knock their socks off.
If you have more time or are you interested in our 24-48hr CRISIS service? Call us for a chat now on:+44 (0) 203 291 3897.